Report: Blue Jays, Marlins discussed Teoscar Hernandez trade
Toronto reportedly would've likely acquired third baseman Brian Anderson and at least one starting pitcher from Miami. Pablo Lopez and Elieser Hernandez were rumored to be available early in the offseason.
Hernandez, a two-time Silver Slugger, went deep 32 times with 116 RBIs and a .870 OPS during his age-28 campaign in 2021. His bat could've helped a Marlins club that finished with the third-worst offensive rating in baseball last season, according to FanGraphs.
The two teams haven't spoken since the lockout ended, adds Jackson and Mish.
The Blue Jays ended up trading for third baseman Matt Chapman and signed left-hander Yusei Kikuchi in free agency. Meanwhile, the Marlins added reigning World Series MVP Jorge Soler.
- Winter meetings takeaways: Kelenic deal, Glasnow's market, waiting on Ohtani
- Astros GM not interested in trading Bregman: He's 'a pillar here'
- Waiting for Shohei: MLB free-agent market slow as Ohtani mulls big money
- Tigers sign manager Hinch to long-term extension
- Leyland touched by tributes from across baseball after HOF election