Syndergaard: I want to strike out Correa for 'ridiculous' Jeter comments
When Syndergaard was asked by MLB Network what player he would like to strike out, he responded, "Carlos Correa."
"Not just for the obvious reason," Syndergaard explained, "but just what he said about Derek Jeter not deserving his Gold Gloves. I think that was a little ridiculous to say."
Correa, who won his first Gold Glove and Platinum Glove last season with the Houston Astros, questioned on a Spanish podcast if Jeter should've won any of his five Gold Gloves.
When asked about the comments, Jeter took the high road and said the remarks didn't even warrant a response.
The New York Yankees legend and Hall of Famer was a 14-time All-Star. However, his minus-162 defensive runs saved between 1995-2014 are the lowest total among 31 qualified players at his position, according to FanGraphs.
- White Sox place Anderson on IL with torn hand ligament
- Keith Hernandez asks not to cover Phillies games: They're 'not up to it'
- MVP Rankings: Judge, Goldschmidt continue offensive brilliance
- Sale undergoes season-ending wrist surgery after biking accident
- Orioles rally past Blue Jays to close in on AL playoff spot