Cardinals remove Arenado with forearm injury after HBP
Arenado is day-to-day with a right forearm contusion.
The 30-year-old attempted to play in the bottom half of the fifth after being hit by the 94-mph fastball from Indians starter Zach Plesac.
Edmundo Sosa replaced the six-time All-Star at third base.
Arenado entered Wednesday's action hitting .259/.313/.500 with 20 home runs, 27 doubles, and 61 RBIs in 98 games.
- Vladdy: 'I would consider myself the MVP'
- Blue Jays' Borucki ejected for throwing at Rays' Kiermaier
- Maddon implores Angels to improve rotation for 2022: 'This can't continue'
- Where does McGregor's disastrous 1st pitch rank among all-time worst?
- Rays clinch 3rd consecutive playoff berth with win over Blue Jays