Report: Yankees check in on Story
The New York Yankees might be looking to load up for the stretch drive.
Story would provide an instant infield upgrade for the Yankees on both offense and defense. His presence at shortstop could allow the team to move Gleyber Torres back to second base, while Rougned Odor could shift into more of a utility role.
The 28-year-old is hitting a career-low .243/.316/.423 with 11 homers, 43 RBIs, and 17 stolen bases in 82 games this season. However, his 1.6 WAR would be tied for third among Yankees position players.
At least six-to-eight teams are reportedly talking to the Rockies about Story ahead of next week's deadline. The Chicago White Sox have apparently toyed with the idea of trading for Story and moving him to second.
Story is a pending free agent and is considered unlikely to re-sign in Colorado this winter.
- Vladdy: 'I would consider myself the MVP'
- Blue Jays' Borucki ejected for throwing at Rays' Kiermaier
- Maddon implores Angels to improve rotation for 2022: 'This can't continue'
- Where does McGregor's disastrous 1st pitch rank among all-time worst?
- Rays clinch 3rd consecutive playoff berth with win over Blue Jays