Sanchez becomes fastest player in history to 11 HRs
You can't stop Gary Sanchez. You can only hope to contain him.
The 23-year-old joins Mickey Mantle (August 1955) and Joe DiMaggio (July 1937) as the only Yankee players age 23 or under to have a month with 11 or more homers. For his efforts, he was awarded a curtain call from the New York faithful.
Since taking over as the Yankees' full-time catcher after the Aug. 1 trade deadline, Sanchez has stunned the baseball world with his dramatic rise and heroics for the Bronx Bombers. His 10th home run on Friday made him only the third player ever with 10 homers in his first 22 career games.
(Video courtesy: MLB.com)
- Report: Mets land Severino on 1-year, $13M deal
- Cardinals raised their floor with free-agent arms, but their ceiling remains low
- Orioles' Bautista, Brewers' Williams honored as MLB Relievers of the Year
- Report: Padres, Yankees exchange names in Soto trade talks; agreement not close
- Report: Reds, Pagán agree to 2-year, $16M contract