FA Cup semifinal draw: Manchester rivals could meet in final
Manchester City and Manchester United are on a collision course for the FA Cup final after the rivals were kept apart in Sunday's draw.
United will meet Brighton & Hove Albion in the semifinals. City will face promotion-chasing Championship side Sheffield United in the other final-four fixture at Wembley.
Manchester United's place in the next round was confirmed when they beat nine-man Fulham 3-1 at Old Trafford shortly after the draw.
Manchester City and Brighton reached the semifinals in emphatic fashion. Pep Guardiola's team thumped Vincent Kompany's Burnley 6-0 on Saturday and the Seagulls eased to a 5-0 win over League Two's Grimsby Town on Sunday.
Sheffield United are into the semfinals for the first time since 2014 after Tommy Doyle's sensational 91st-minute strike earned the Blades a 3-2 victory over fellow Championship outfit Blackburn Rovers. Doyle and James McAtee are on loan at Sheffield United from Manchester City and are expected to be unavailable for the Wembley date against their parent club.
Manchester City and Manchester United have never met in an FA Cup final.
The FA Cup semifinals will be contested the weekend of April 22-23.
- Man City close in on treble as Gundogan sinks Man United in FA Cup final
- Allardyce leaves Leeds after failing in rescue mission
- Tielemans announces departure from relegated Leicester City
- Coventry condemn racist abuse of Dabo after playoff final penalty miss
- Luton celebrate Premier League promotion with victory parade