Team Gushue loses semifinal thriller to Sweden, will play U.S. for bronze
Brad Gushue's rink will play for a bronze medal after the Canadian men lost to Sweden 5-3 in a semifinal nail-biter on Thursday.
Skip Gushue played to win it in the 10th end but came up just short.
Sweden's Niklas Edin broke a 3-3 tie with a single in the 8th end, leading Gushue to play for two points in the 10th rather than go into an extra end needing a steal. Instead, it was Edin who finished the game with a steal in the 10th after Gushue's final shot came up short.
Canada will play 2018 gold medalists the U.S. for bronze on Friday at 1:05 a.m. ET.
Sweden and Great Britain will battle for gold.
Jennifer Jones' Canadian women's team was eliminated from medal contention by tiebreakers earlier in the day despite winning its final game convincingly.
- Report: D-Backs, Eduardo Rodriguez agree to 4-year deal
- Fields not worried about future with Bears: 'Focused on what I can control'
- Luka records 1st 25-point triple-double in an opening half vs. Jazz
- Joel Embiid scores season-high 50 points, 76ers beat Wizards
- Ex-Jaguars financial manager accused of stealing more than $22M