Kauf takes silver in moguls for USA's 2nd medal in Beijing
Jaelin Kauf won silver in women's moguls Sunday to secure the United States' second medal at the 2022 Beijing Olympics.
It's the best finish for the U.S. in women's moguls since 2010.
The 25-year-old Kauf scored 80.28.
Australia's Jakara Anthony scored 83.098 to claim gold. It's Australia's first-ever medal in the event and first Winter Olympics gold in over a decade.
Anastasia Smirnova of the Russian Olympic Committee took bronze.
Kauf landing on the podium surprised some people. She ranked No. 1 in the world entering the 2018 PyeongChang Games but finished seventh. Coming into Beijing, Kauf ranked 17th in the world.
Making her Olympic debut, American Olivia Giaccio finished in sixth place.
- Jokic's triple-double lifts Nuggets past Rockets in Murray's return
- Report: Panthers expected to target Lions' Johnson for head coaching vacancy
- Raptors end Suns' 7-game winning streak, spoiling Durant's return
- Canucks GM: 'I think we can get help on the back end'
- Lakers bounce back to hand Pistons team-record 15th straight loss