LSU adds another star transfer in DePaul's Morrow
Former DePaul standout Aneesah Morrow is transferring to LSU, she announced Friday.
Morrow's the second high-profile transfer to join Kim Mulkey's defending champion Tigers this offseason, along with Louisville star Hailey Van Lith's commitment on April 27.
Morrow led the Blue Demons in scoring and rebounding last season, averaging 25.7 points and 12.2 boards through 33 games as a sophomore and picking up a third-team All-American selection. In her first campaign, she made the All-American second team and was named the Big East Freshman of the Year after recording 21.9 points, 13.8 rebounds, 2.7 steals, and 1.8 blocks per contest.
LSU is expected to contend again for the national title next season with Morrow and Van Lith teaming with Tigers sensation Angel Reese. Mulkey will also count on commitments from incoming talented freshmen, including five-star recruits Mikaylah Williams and Aalyah Del Rosario and four-star prospects Angelica Velez and Janae Kent.
- USC up to 6th for best ranking in AP women's poll since 1994
- Clark, No. 5 Iowa beat No. 16 Kansas State for Gulf Coast Showcase title
- Kierra Adams' layup lifts Florida Gulf Coast past No. 18 North Carolina
- No. 12 Texas routs South Florida to win Paradise Jam Reef Division title
- Bueckers' 22 points help No. 6 UConn get back in win column