Report: Phil Neville in talks to become Inter Miami head coach
Diego Alonso is the current head coach of Inter Miami, but there is uncertainty around his role. The club finished 10th in the Eastern Conference and was eliminated from the play-in round for the postseason in its inaugural MLS campaign.
Neville, who also co-owns League Two's Salford City with Beckham and other ex-United colleagues, will step down as boss of the England women's national team in July. Netherlands handler Sarina Wiegman is set to succeed him in September.
However, Neville believes he's ready for club management and is reportedly keen to take the reins from Alonso in time for the start of the 2021 season in early March. He's trying to find a solution with the English Football Association that will allow him to take the job in the United States.
In addition to his three years overseeing the Lionesses, Neville has experience as a first-team coach during David Moyes' Manchester United stint and from a brief spell on the coaching staff at Valencia through the tenures of Nuno Espirito Santo and his brother Gary Neville.
- Binnington makes 42 saves to propel Blues past Golden Knights
- Dodgers pushed to brink after another pitching plan goes awry
- Rosario stars as Braves thump Dodgers, close in on pennant
- Justin Turner likely out for playoffs with hamstring injury
- Knicks open season with instant-classic 2OT win over Celtics at MSG