Three injured in Europa Conference League final fan violence
Three people were injured and 16 detained after Fiorentina fans attacked West Ham supporters in central Prague ahead of the Europa Conference League final on Wednesday, police said.
"Italian fans attacked West Ham fans in a bar... and injured three. A police officer was attacked as well," Prague police said on Twitter.
They added they had detained 16 people, posting a picture of the pacified fans lying on the ground in a shop with their hands tied up behind their backs.
Prague emergency service spokeswoman Jana Postova told AFP the injuries were not serious.
"Two people were treated on the spot and one was transported to a hospital with a light head injury," she said.
West Ham and Fiorentina will play for the Europa Conference League title and a spot in next year's Europa League at Prague's Eden Arena later on Wednesday.
- Thursday in Europe: Ajax and Marseille in thriller, Liverpool fight back
- Brighton relish 'incredible' rise from exile to Europa League
- The Best Awards: FIFA reveals nominees for 2023 honors
- EA Sports FC 24 ratings: Mbappe, Putellas among leaders as Messi, CR7 fall
- Juventus' Pogba risks 4-year ban after testing positive for testosterone