AC Milan signs Andrea Bertolacci from Roma in €20-million deal
AC Milan has finally completed a signing.
After missing out on the likes of Geoffrey Kondogbia and Jackson Martinez earlier this month, the Rossoneri announced Monday that they have sealed a deal with Roma for the services of midfielder Andrea Bertolacci.
Though Milan did not disclose the fee paid for the 24-year-old Italian, Roma released a statement of its own later in the day, in which it confirmed widespread reports that the deal was worth €20 million.
While such a figure represents an obvious overpayment, Milan simply could not afford to miss out on another transfer target, and it looks as though Roma capitalized on that to net an impressive sum.
Bertolacci, who spent last season on loan with Genoa, scored six goals and recorded seven assists in 35 matches.
- Mourinho charged for abusing referee after Europa League final
- Leao extends Milan contract until 2028
- More than the mafia: Winning Serie A helped Napoli show the city's true colors
- Marciniak apologizes for attending far-right conference, will referee UCL final
- Monza coach Palladino extends contract after impressive debut season