GIF: Tottenham set up wall to defend free kick, fail miserably
It's all going wrong for Tottenham heading into the halftime interval against West Ham.
Tim Sherwood's men already found themselves both a goal and a man (Younes Kaboul) down late in the opening stanza, before Stewart Downing stepped up to hit a free kick.
The players in the defensive wall, in particular Paulinho and Emmanuel Adebayor, wanted no business being in the blockade, and it showed when they moved aside to leave a gaping hole for Downing to find.
Poor Hugo Lloris had no chance.
Adebayor's reaction to the goal was priceless, considering he was partially to blame. Not in his eyes, apparently:
- Italian FA to probe Roma fans' racist chant at Osimhen
- Report: Conte would consider United role if Solskjaer sacked
- Dybala's late penalty salvages draw for Juve in Derby d'Italia
- Both coaches sent off as Napoli's perfect start ends with Roma stalemate
- Verona's Simeone shoots 4 past Lazio, Fiorentina thump Cagliari