Tiger Woods and son Charlie to play in PNC Championship
The world's most famous golfer is set to tee it up at the PNC Championship.
Tiger Woods will return with his son, Charlie, for a third time as the annual tournament heads to the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club Orlando from Dec. 15-18, the TOUR announced Friday.
Last year, Team Woods finished two strokes back of John Daly and his son, John Daly II. Defending champion Team Thomas, made up of Justin Thomas and his father, Mike, finished three strokes back in a tie for third.
Notable teams in the field for this year's tournament include Nelly Korda and her father, Petr; Justin and Mike Thomas; and Jordan Spieth, making his tournament debut alongside his father, Shawn. Defending champion Team Daly is also set to return.
Woods, a 15-time major champion and 82-time TOUR winner, has not played in a TOUR event since July when he was in the field at St. Andrews for the 150th Open Championship. That was just his third event of the 2021-22 season after he played in the Masters and PGA Championship earlier in the year.
The 46-year-old plans to be in action before the PNC Championship at the Hero World Challenge, a tournament he hosts in the Bahamas, from Dec. 1-4.
- Ryder extends Farmers lead to 3, Rahm gets hot on windy day
- Faldo: LIV players shouldn't be part of European Ryder Cup team
- Reed calls Rory 'immature little child' over reaction to tee-throwing incident
- McIlroy, Reed both 6-under after 1st round in Dubai
- McIlroy recovers after slow start in Dubai; Pieters leads