Report: Bubba Watson to join LIV Golf for fee exceeding $50M
Watson is reportedly receiving a fee exceeding $50 million and will be named captain of one of the 12 four-man teams in his first event, Corrigan adds.
The 43-year-old is ranked 86th in the world and has missed much of the 2022 season due to a knee injury.
Watson was once one of the biggest names in the sport, winning the Masters in 2012 and 2014. He's won 10 additional tournaments throughout his career.
The Saudi-backed rival league unveiled a series of changes for the 2023 season Wednesday, including an expanded schedule of events.
- Hovland successfully defends title at Hero World Challenge
- McIlroy: Norman's 'brainwashed' comment started rift
- Norman: I pay 'zero attention' to comments from Tiger, McIlroy
- Hovland has 64 in the sun and mud of Bahamas for 3-shot lead
- Hovland leads, Scheffler makes late bid to return to No. 1 in the world