Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele will partner up for next week's Zurich Classic and headline the groups participating in the PGA TOUR's only team event.
The two top-10 players in the world were announced as one of the 80 two-man teams that make up the field headed to TPC Louisiana for the tournament beginning on April 22.
Cantlay and Schauffele formed a strong connection when they were paired together for all four team sessions at the 2019 Presidents Cup.
Jon Rahm and Ryan Palmer will return and try to defend the title they won in 2019. The 2020 Zurich Classic was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are some other notable tandems:
- Collin Morikawa, Matthew Wolff
- Marc Leishman, Cam Smith
- Tyrrell Hatton, Danny Willett
- Justin Rose, Henrik Stenson
- Scottie Scheffler, Bubba Watson
- Tony Finau, Cameron Champ
- Sungjae Im, Byeong Hun An
- Viktor Hovland, Kris Ventura
- Woody Austin, Rocco Mediate
This will be the fourth time the Zurich Classic is contested using teams. Cam Smith and Jonas Blixt won the inaugural edition in 2017, then Billy Horschel and Scott Piercy claimed the title in 2018.
The full list of teams can be found here.