Every Rio 2016 athlete given seed for planned athletes' forest
Every athlete entering Maracana Stadium for the opening ceremony of Rio 2016 received a tree seed.
The plan is for the seeds to be planted in the Olympic Park, creating an athletes' forest and a lasting legacy of these Olympics.
Combating climate change was a major theme in the opening ceremony, which also featured a parkour exhibition and a long catwalk by Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen.
- Rockies tee off for 16 runs, end Cardinals' win streak
- Riley's big night lifts Braves over Red Sox in extras
- Orioles rally past Blue Jays to close in on AL playoff spot
- Lindor, McNeil both homer vs. Reds, propel Mets to 5th straight win
- Keith Hernandez asks not to cover Phillies games: They're 'not up to it'