Eaves records 1st-period hat trick to lead Stars over Blackhawks
Eaves chased Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford from the game when he completed an impressive hat trick with just 16 seconds remaining in the opening frame.
The goals were all the Stars would need, as they hung on for a 4-2 victory.
The 31-year-old forward now has seven goals and four assists in 35 games this season.
- McDavid baffled by Oilers' meltdown vs. Senators: 'I wish I had an answer'
- Report: Stars increasing efforts to trade Klingberg
- Fleury blanks Ducks with 37-save shutout in Blackhawks win
- Leafs' Mikheyev scores late winner in back-and-forth affair vs. Blues
- Panthers' attack stays red-hot, scores 9 in drubbing of Blue Jackets