Sharks activate Raffi Torres following 41-game suspension
Raffi Torres is back.
Torres will be sent to the AHL's San Jose Barracuda on a conditioning assignment before being called up.
Sharks head coach Pete DeBoer focused instead on Torres' recovery from knee surgery, which the forward had last month.
"We're proud of how hard Raffi has worked over the last four months to continue to rehab from his injury," DeBoer said.
"We know Raffi can be a very effective player for our team and this assignment will allow him to get back into game shape."
The Sharks played their 41st game Tuesday night, defeating the Winnipeg Jets 4-1.
- Lightning close in on sweep of Panthers with Game 3 victory
- Kadri says Binnington threw water bottle at him after dramatic Game 3
- 3 Battle of Alberta trends to track as the series heads to Edmonton tied
- Maple Leafs sign Giordano to 2-year extension with $800K AAV
- Lehkonen scores twice to help Avalanche take 2-1 series lead