Flames' Bouma suffers broken fibula, expected to miss 3 months
Calgary Flames forward Lance Bouma is expected to miss three months after suffering a broken left fibula in Tuesday's loss to the St. Louis Blues, general manager Brad Treliving told Sportsnet's Hockey Central.
He will have surgery Wednesday.
Bouma was both an effective and efficient secondary scorer last year, netting 16 goals on 15.4 percent shooting.
Meanwhile, the Flames' top line has produced five of the team's seven goals through three games this season.
- Brind'Amour roasts Canes' effort vs. Oilers: Top players 'gotta show up'
- Norris Trophy Rankings: It's a 2-horse race between Makar, Hughes
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks