Rangers record 3 goals in 77 seconds to steal win from Blue Jackets
Brandon Saad was on the verge of playing the hero.
The forward scored his first goal of the season in his regular-season debut for the Columbus Blue Jackets, putting them up 2-1 over the New York Rangers with less than four minutes to play in the third period.
It was Hayes who recorded the winner, and from a seemingly impossible angle.
With the win, the Rangers improved to 2-0 to start the season.
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury