Ex-NHLer, current TV analyst Aaron Ward charged with assaulting woman
Ex-NHL defenseman and current in-studio television analyst Aaron Ward was arrested and charged with two misdemeanors, including assault on a female Friday in Cary, N.C., as reported first by Raleigh television station WNCN.
Police were called to his home following a confrontation with his wife, WRAL-TV reports.
TSN responded with the following statement:
We are aware of the situation and the very serious charges that have been laid against Aaron Ward. As a result, we can confirm he will not appear on-air until further notice.
He won three Stanley Cups, twice with Detroit and once in Carolina.
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Watch: Flames' Andersson headbutts Oilers' Yamamoto
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury