Brian Gionta on new-look Sabres: '100 percent we'll be a better team'
For the Buffalo Sabres, there's really nowhere to go but up.
Historically bad over the past two seasons, the team appears set to move up in the hockey world, largely due to the work put in by general manager Tim Murray in recent months.
Looking ahead to the 2015-16 season, captain Brian Gionta has no doubt he'll be part of a more competitive squad.
"100 percent we'll be a better team," he told Leo Roth of USA Today.
"Look at the moves (Murray's) been able to make," Gionta continued. "You can say you want a better team, you want to bring in better players, but for him to actually pull that off and make the moves he did, it shows that he means business. That excites guys in the locker room."
Add it all up and Gionta must be feeling a whole lot better about the two remaining years on his contract with the Sabres.
- Gorton: Canadiens will be transparent if they commit to rebuild
- Getzlaf week-to-week with lower-body injury
- 'When you go up, don't come back': How the Red Wings are building from within
- Hart Trophy Power Rankings: McDavid reigns despite Draisaitl's surge
- NHL weekend preview: Panthers to stay hot vs. Binnington-less Blues