Report: Capitals' Holtby desires contract in excess of $6 million
Holtby's camp is looking for an annual salary in excess of $6 million, while the Capitals are offering deals in the mid-$5-million range, according to Alex Prewitt of the Washington Post.
Prewitt notes that the expectation is the workhorse netminder will sign a deal before requiring the intervention of an arbitrator.
Holtby made a league-leading 73 appearances in the second season of his two-year, $3.7-million bridge deal, winning 41 games and placing in the top 10 in both goals-against average and save percentage.
- Leafs' Matthews out minimum 3 weeks with knee sprain
- Caufield: 'I'd still be playing' through shoulder injury if Habs were in playoff spot
- Devils GM looking to add top-6 winger under team control at trade deadline
- The Fisherman returns: The redemption story behind the Isles' throwback
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected