Report: Sabres place Hodgson on unconditional waivers, contract to be bought out
The 25-year-old has been placed on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a contract buyout, according to multiple sources.
Hodgson was set to make $4.25 million over the next four seasons, and will become an unrestricted free agent once the deal is officially bought out.
The 10th overall pick in the 2008 NHL Draft, Hodgson took a major step backwards last season, recording only six goals and seven assists in 78 games.
- Kadri: I'd love to stay with Avs, but 'I've shown what my worth is'
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy
- Report: Duclair out long term after suffering Achilles tendon injury
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season