Report: Oilers, Flames, Sharks emerge as top trade candidates for Rangers' Talbot
Cam Talbot is a hot commodity.
The New York Rangers goalie has emerged as a top trade target for teams in need of help in net, with the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, and San Jose Sharks emerging as the most likely destinations, according to Darren Dreger of TSN. The Dallas Stars and Florida Panthers are also showing interest, as well as the Buffalo Sabres.
Talbot, 27, has posted impressive numbers over his first two NHL seasons, albeit in a small sample size. In 57 career appearances, he has a record of 33-15-5, with eight shutouts, and a save percentage of .931.
Included in that was a stretch where he served as the Rangers number one goalie after an injury to Henrik Lundqvist, with the team not missing a beat.
- Marner sets Maple Leafs record with 19-game point streak
- Blues head coach: Binnington's antics have 'got to stop'
- Habs' Edmundson ejected for cross-checking Oilers' Hyman in the head
- McDavid, Draisaitl combine for 8 points as Oilers edge Canadiens
- Bruins pummel Avalanche to improve record to 14-0 at home