Ovechkin joins lofty company with league-leading 45th goal
With a full wind-up from the left point on the power play.
Washington Capitals star Alex Ovechkin's 45th goal of the season wasn't a new addition to his goal-scoring arsenal, but this one sees him now rubbing shoulders with some impressive company.
He joined legends Wayne Gretzky, Mike Bossy, Mario Lemieux and Marcel Dionne as only the fifth player in NHL history to net a seventh 45-goal season with this deflected tally Wednesday versus the New York Rangers.
- Ovechkin becomes 16th NHLer to reach 1,500 points
- Bolts' Watson hits Preds' Lauzon with slap shot at buzzer in blowout
- Leafs' Woll injured in win over Sens, Jones makes team debut in relief
- Kings blank Habs for NHL-record 11th straight road win to open season
- Senators' Chabot out at least 1 month with injury