Report: Maple Leafs working hard to trade Kessel, Phaneuf
Tap here to access theScore's NHL Trade Deadline Tracker, which includes the latest transactions and rumors.
The rebuild in Toronto could be hitting full speed.
Both players come with heavy price tags, however. Kessel is under contract through the 2021-22 season with an $8-million cap hit, while Phaneuf's contract holds an average annual valuation of $7 million until the end of the 2020-21 season.
If either were to be traded on Monday, the deal would certainly steal the show on deadline day.
- Brind'Amour roasts Canes' effort vs. Oilers: Top players 'gotta show up'
- Norris Trophy Rankings: It's a 2-horse race between Makar, Hughes
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- Promising Stars prospect Logan Stankoven may be small, but all he does is score
- Kane to make Red Wings debut Thursday vs. Sharks