Blue Jackets' Wisniewski 'significantly hobbled' in loss to Penguins
Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski's trade value has suffered another hit. This time, though, the trade obstacle was painful and involuntary.
Wisniewski took a shot off the left foot in Sunday's loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins, and Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reports he may be injured.
The high-priced Blue Jacket made his desire to stay in Columbus well known. He filled out his no-trade list with only the teams who have the cap flexibility necessary to take on his contract, minimizing the possibility of him being moved before the deadline.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- Canucks trade Beauvillier to Blackhawks
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings