Report: Maple Leafs listening to offers on Jonathan Bernier
From Sportsnet's Damien Cox on Hockey Night in Canada's "Headlines" segment:
Now they're listening, so what that means we will wait and see, but there are teams out there in the National Hockey League who might be interested in upgrading their goaltender. San Jose Sharks have been talked about all season long. Dallas Stars maybe - although they went out and already got Jhonas Enroth.
It's hard to imagine the Maple Leafs striking an agreement to move their No. 1 goaltender just a few days before the deadline, but they do appear to be at least doing their due diligence.
Bernier has a 2.71 goals-against average and .916 save percentage in 42 appearances for Toronto.
- Habs GM: Slafkovsky's preseason play has been 'a little underwhelming'
- Dumba talks 'Black Ice' doc, beware Flames' D corps, and goalie goals
- Report: Trade interest in Coyotes' Chychrun 'intensifying'
- Ranking the NHL's top 5 goaltending duos for the 2022-23 season
- Fantasy: 5 players poised for bounce-back seasons in 2022-23