Report: Hurricanes say Jordan Staal trade rumors are unfounded
The team is calling rumors about Staal unfounded, according to TSN's Aaron Ward. Previous reports suggested Staal was open to returning to the Pittsburgh Penguins and that the Penguins were asking Carolina what it would take to re-acquire him.
Whether or not there is any substance to the rumors, Staal isn't likely to be moved at the trade deadline because of his massive contract term and $6-million cap hit.
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Watch: Flames' Andersson headbutts Oilers' Yamamoto
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury