Sabres coach Nolan motivates players by possibility of being traded
It's been that kind of year for the Buffalo Sabres.
Losers of 14 straight games heading into Tuesday's matchup with the Montreal Canadiens, head coach Ted Nolan is employing an interesting motivational technique: play well and you might get out of here.
With a record of 14-33-3 through 50 games, the Sabres are the odds-on favorites to finish dead last in the NHL. As such, a one-way ticket out of town might not be the worst thing to happen to veterans looking to be part of a winning club.
- Report: Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening
- Bolts praise another Vasilevskiy series-clinching gem: 'There is never a doubt'
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Lightning complete 2nd-round sweep of Panthers
- Avalanche put Blues on brink of elimination with Game 4 victory