Phil Kessel to reporters after blowout loss to Sabres: 'Get away from me'
The Toronto Maple Leafs were dominated by the lowly Buffalo Sabres in a 6-2 loss on Saturday night, and Phil Kessel wasn't interested in talking about it afterwards.
Kessel had one thing to say to the assembled media before abruptly leaving the scrum, according to TSN 1050 reporter Jonas Siegel.
He scored his 11th goal of the season and registered five shots in the game, but the Maple Leafs were thoroughly outplayed by one of the league's worst teams.
The Leafs don't play again until Tuesday, so local sports radio producers can thank Kessel for providing them with call-in fodder for the next 48 hours.
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to best undermanned Penguins