Phil Kessel to reporters after blowout loss to Sabres: 'Get away from me'
The Toronto Maple Leafs were dominated by the lowly Buffalo Sabres in a 6-2 loss on Saturday night, and Phil Kessel wasn't interested in talking about it afterwards.
Kessel had one thing to say to the assembled media before abruptly leaving the scrum, according to TSN 1050 reporter Jonas Siegel.
He scored his 11th goal of the season and registered five shots in the game, but the Maple Leafs were thoroughly outplayed by one of the league's worst teams.
The Leafs don't play again until Tuesday, so local sports radio producers can thank Kessel for providing them with call-in fodder for the next 48 hours.
- Tavares collects 2 points in 1,000th game to help Leafs beat Capitals
- Aho extends goal streak to 4 as Hurricanes hand Bruins 3rd straight loss
- Leafs' Murray out until after All-Star break with ankle injury
- Penguins' Sullivan: 'I've gotta do a better job coaching these guys'
- Bowness calls out Jets after listless loss to Flyers