Report: Canadiens place Rene Bourque on waivers
The Montreal Canadiens have reportedly placed Rene Bourque on waivers, according to TVA's Renaud Lavoie.
The maligned forward is in the second-to-last season of a six-year, $20-million deal signed in 2010, which costs Montreal $3.33 million against the cap.
Bourque, who has just two assists in 13 games, has been scratched from the lineup on multiple occasions this season.
He scored eight goals and 11 points in 17 postseason games last spring.
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury