Report: Lightning's Hedman expected to be out 4-6 weeks with broken bone in hand
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman is expected to be out of the lineup for four-to-six weeks with a broken bone in his hand, according to Bob McKenzie of TSN.
Hedman suffered the injury while blocking a shot Saturday in Vancouver.
With three goals and four assists in five games this season, Hedman sits in a tie for first with Calgary's T.J. Brodie and San Jose's Brent Burns for points by a defenseman.
- Ranking the NHL's 6 best defense pairings entering 2023-24
- Pelletier jokes about number change: 'Easier' for coaches to remember No. 22
- Robertson: Stars have all the pieces to compete for Cup
- Sabres' Dahlin: 'I was scared' of playing against new partner Clifton
- Fantasy: 10 breakout candidates to draft in 2023-24