Penguins' Malkin 50-50 for Thursday's season opener vs. Ducks
Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin says there is a 50-50 chance he'll be able to suit up for Thursday's season opener against the Anaheim Ducks, according to Wes Crosby of NHL.com.
Malkin practiced for the first time Tuesday after suffering an undisclosed injury prior to the start of training camp.
"It's not a big problem, but now it feels great to come back to skate with the team," Malkin said. "Of course I need a little bit more training. I'm glad to be back. I can't say (if he can play Thursday) right now because it's my first practice with the team, but it's 50-50. If I feel I'm in great shape, I'll come back. If not, maybe the second game."
The Penguins' second game is Saturday against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- Report: Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening
- Bolts praise another Vasilevskiy series-clinching gem: 'There is never a doubt'
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Lightning complete 2nd-round sweep of Panthers
- Avalanche put Blues on brink of elimination with Game 4 victory