VIDEO: Australian hockey player celebrates game-winner with headstand-slide
The Australian Ice Hockey League is gaining some attention for hosting Nathan Walker, the first Australian ever to be drafted into the NHL, for seven games.
Walker, drafted this year by the Washington Capitals, has played the majority of his hockey with HC Vitkovice in the Czech League.
This time, it's Ric Del Basso who has the spotlight in Australia, scoring a game-winning goal and celebrating in unlikely fashion: with a sliding headstand.
Maybe he was inspired by Chris Chelios' celebration at the Winter Classic.
[h/t puck daddy]
- Keefe praises Sandin, Liljegren's efforts amid Leafs' blue-line injuries
- Examining trade scenarios for 3 high-profile players
- MacKinnon to miss approximately 4 weeks with upper-body injury
- Vezina Trophy Rankings: Sorokin starting to run away with it
- Scheifele 'pretty happy' to beat ex-Jets head coach Maurice