Report: Contract talks between Blue Jackets, Johansen are as 'chilly as ever'
As the calendar approaches September, it appears the Columbus Blue Jackets and restricted free agent center Ryan Johansen are no closer to coming to terms on a new contract.
The two sides have been at a stalemate for weeks, with the club looking to sign a short, bridge-type contract, and the player looking for a long-term deal after a breakout 2013-14 season.
As Aaron Portzline notes, there remains one month until training camp, which can either be seen as plenty of time to get a deal done, or a clock counting down to a holdout situation.
Scroll down for more information on this story.
- Canadiens eliminate Golden Knights in 6 games, advance to Stanley Cup Final
- Stone takes blame for Golden Knights' elimination: 'I got skunked'
- 5 storylines to watch for Lightning-Islanders Game 7
- Seattle expansion draft: Predicting Pacific Division protected lists
- Golden Knights go back to Lehner for must-win Game 6 vs. Canadiens