Flyers sign Timonen to 1-year contract extension
The Philadelphia Flyers signed defenseman Kimmo Timonen to a one-year contract extension, general manager Ron Hextall announced Friday.
The terms of the deal have not been disclosed, but, as reported below, it's believed that Timonen, 39, was to be brought back into the mix at a more team-friendly rate than than $6.33-million he earned over the past six seasons in Philadelphia.
Timonen scored six goals and add 29 assists in 77 games in 2013-14.
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury