Jets agree to 4-year contract extension with head coach Paul Maurice
The Winnipeg Jets announced on Wednesday they signed head coach Paul Maurice to a four-year contract extension.
"He's an impressive hockey coach, but he's an impressive person as well... Made a tremendous impact the moment he walked in," said general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff, adding it did not take long for the two sides to reach an agreement.
Maurice earned a career NHL coaching record of 478-469-172 in 1,119 games between the Carolina Hurricanes/Hartford Whalers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Winnipeg Jets.
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Report: 2024-25 NHL salary cap projected to be $87.7M
- Vasilevskiy's 1st shutout of season helps Bolts end 4-game skid vs. Stars
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's biggest surprise so far
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes