Flames' Pelletier needs shoulder surgery, out indefinitely
Calgary Flames forward Jakob Pelletier will undergo shoulder surgery next week and will be out indefinitely, the team announced Tuesday.
Pelletier's left shoulder was injured during Monday's preseason game against the Seattle Kraken when Marian Studenic drilled him into the boards.
The 22-year-old Pelletier was vying for a full-time job with the Flames. He tallied three goals and four assists while averaging 14:11 per game in 24 NHL contests last season. Pelletier added 37 points in 35 games with the AHL's Calgary Wranglers.
The Flames selected Pelletier 26th overall at the 2019 NHL Draft.
- Maple Leafs' Woll out week-to-week with high ankle sprain
- Underrated, undersized Spurgeon is improbably one of NHL's best D-men
- Kane and Wings on unique path, Carlsson's load management, and 4 other NHL items
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- Bouchard, Nugent-Hopkins lift Oilers in win over Wild