Oilers, Flames unveil Heritage Classic uniforms
The Battle of Alberta will have a new look to it come Oct. 29 at Commonwealth Stadium.
The Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames revealed their uniforms for the 2023 Heritage Classic on Tuesday.
Connor McDavid and Nazem Kadri modeled the jerseys for their respective teams.
Here's a closer look at the Oilers' threads, inspired by the Edmonton Mercurys that won gold at the 1952 Olympics.
And here's a closer look at the Flames' jerseys, which are an ode to the Calgary Stampeders hockey team of the 1950s and '60s.
The Oilers and Flames have both played in two previous Heritage Classics, but this is the first time the provincial foes will take their rivalry outdoors. The last outdoor game at Commonwealth Stadium (the inaugural 2003 Heritage Classic) drew 57,167 fans.
- Jets' Connor exits after taking knee-on-knee hit from Ducks' Strome
- Jackets' Gudbranson will have hearing for altercation with Cousins
- Pickard stands tall vs. Devils to help Oilers win 7th straight game
- Red Wings' Perron to have hearing for cross-checking Sens' Zub
- How the Broad Street Bullies saved the NHL's reputation in 1976