Panthers to get Ekblad, Duclair back for Game 5 vs. Bruins
The Florida Panthers will have some reinforcements when they try to stave off elimination Wednesday night.
Aaron Ekblad and Anthony Duclair will play in Game 5 of the Panthers' first-round playoff series against the Boston Bruins, Florida head coach Paul Maurice said Tuesday.
Ekblad sat out Sunday's Game 4, which the Bruins won 6-2 to take a 3-1 series lead. The defenseman was hurt when he collided with Boston blue-liner Charlie McAvoy in Game 3.
The 27-year-old produced 14 goals and 24 assists over 74 games while averaging over 23 minutes of ice time during the regular season.
Duclair played the first three contests in the series but was a late scratch for the fourth with an undisclosed injury. The forward, who's also 27, collected two goals and seven assists across 20 games in 2022-23.
The Bruins will host Game 5 on Wednesday night.
- Canucks acquire Zadorov from Flames for 2 picks
- Eichel notches goal and 2 assists in his 500th game, Golden Knights beat Canucks
- Hathaway tossed, Smith faces hearing for incidents in Devils-Flyers
- Perry apologizes for 'unacceptable' conduct, seeks substance abuse treatment
- Marner scores hat trick, shootout winner to lead Maple Leafs over Kraken