Predators' Forsberg injured after taking hit from Flyers' Ristolainen
The incident occurred in the dying seconds of the opening frame. Forsberg struggled to get to his feet and had to be helped off the ice. He didn't return and ended up logging just over five minutes of ice time.
Head coach John Hynes didn't have an update on Forsberg's status following the Predators' 2-1 overtime victory.
"It could be anything the way that he went down," Hynes said, according to NHL.com's Adam Kimelman. "I have not talked to the trainers. They just let me know that he wasn't going to finish the game."
Heading into Saturday's tilt, Forsberg led the Predators with 19 goals and was tied with Roman Josi for the team lead in points with 42 in 49 games.
The 28-year-old is playing out the first season of an eight-year, $68-million extension.
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Report: 2024-25 NHL salary cap projected to be $87.7M
- Vasilevskiy's 1st shutout of season helps Bolts end 4-game skid vs. Stars
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's biggest surprise so far
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes