Maple Leafs' Brodie returns after 12-game absence
Brodie was to be deployed with multiple partners throughout the contest, Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe said before the tilt, according to Sports Illustrated's David Alter. Here's how the Leafs lined up at practice:
Brodie's return indicates the Leafs are getting closer to full strength on the back end. In addition to Brodie, Morgan Rielly was sidelined with a knee injury, while Jake Muzzin was placed on long-term injured reserve.
Toronto managed to pile up victories despite the slew of injuries, going 7-0-3 in its previous 10 games to move into second place in the Atlantic Division with 38 points.
Brodie recorded two points in 15 appearances this season while averaging 21:23 per game before sustaining the injury.
- Report: Rangers eyeing Meier as top deadline target
- Report: Blackhawks receiving calls on McCabe, Murphy
- theScore's guide to the 2023 NHL All-Star Skills Competition
- Bruins surprise themselves, Giordano thrives, and 4 more NHL items
- Report: Senators AHL coach gave NHL team pre-scouting material before firing