Eichel briefly exits vs. Blue Jackets after taking wrist shot to face
Vegas Golden Knights star Jack Eichel temporarily left Monday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets after a teammate's errant wrist shot struck him in the face in the third period.
Eichel departed the ice immediately, leaving a trail of blood behind him, but he returned for the final few minutes of regulation.
Eichel has been exceptional for the Western Conference-leading Golden Knights this season, pacing the club with 26 points in 23 games entering Monday.
- Canucks trade Beauvillier to Blackhawks
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- Wild snap 7-game skid with win in Hynes' debut behind bench
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings