Report: Penguins shopping Pierre-Olivier Joseph
Pierre-Olivier Joseph is on the trade block.
The Penguins have nine NHL-caliber blue-liners, including Joseph. Here's their depth chart:
|Brian Dumoulin||Kris Letang|
|Marcus Pettersson||Jeff Petry|
|Ty Smith||Jan Rutta|
|P.O. Joseph||Chad Ruhwedel|
Barring a trade, the Pens could be at risk of losing one of their defensemen for nothing on waivers.
Joseph was selected 23rd overall by the Arizona Coyotes in the 2017 draft. He was traded to Pittsburgh in 2019 as part of the deal that sent Phil Kessel to the desert.
The 6-foot-2 rearguard has skated in 20 NHL games, recording a goal and four assists. He also added 33 points in 61 AHL contests last season.
The Laval, Quebec, product is the brother of Ottawa Senators winger Mathieu Joseph.
- Marner: Matching Leafs' point-streak record was a 'special moment'
- Draisaitl, McDavid help Oilers hand Blackhawks 8th straight loss
- Renewable energy: Cup-hunting Lightning betting on internal growth
- Penguins' Letang out indefinitely after having stroke
- Pat Maroon donates to mental health charity after broadcaster's comments