Blackhawks add Jack Johnson on 1-year, $950K deal
The Chicago Blackhawks have signed veteran defenseman Jack Johnson to a one-year contract worth $950,000, the team announced Wednesday.
Johnson won the Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche last season, recording a goal and eight assists over 74 regular-season games. He played 13 contests during the playoffs without registering a point.
The 35-year-old has played 1,024 games over his 16-year career with the Los Angeles Kings, Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins, New York Rangers, and Avalanche.
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- Bettman: Senators' best days are yet to come under Andlauer
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends
- Flyers' Sanheim addresses offseason trade rumors: 'It sucks'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season