Devils shut down Wood, Siegenthaler for rest of season
Wood played just three games in 2021-22 after a preseason hip injury derailed his campaign. He underwent surgery in November and made his season debut on March 27. He played his last matchup on April 5.
The 26-year-old has 65 goals and 56 assists in 326 career NHL games, all with New Jersey.
Siegenthaler, meanwhile, is out after suffering a broken hand during Thursday's contest against the Montreal Canadiens.
The 24-year-old enjoyed a strong season with the Devils, logging one goal and 13 assists in 70 games while averaging 20:34 of ice time per contest.
New Jersey has 11 games remaining after failing to make the playoffs for the fourth straight season.
- Avs eliminate Blues on Helm's late winner, advance to West final vs. Oilers
- Marchand out 6 months after undergoing surgery on both hips
- 4 skaters who could tilt Game 6 of Hurricanes-Rangers series
- McDavid and Draisaitl have already authored legendary postseasons
- Coleman confused by disallowed goal ruling: 'I didn't feel like I kicked it'