Kaprizov sets Wild's single-season scoring record with 84th point
The 24-year-old accomplished the feat with a primary assist on forward Mats Zuccarello's game-opening goal.
Kaprizov broke a tie with Marian Gaborik to set the benchmark. He padded his lead in the third period of the contest with his 39th goal of the season and is now just four tallies away from breaking the Wild's single-season goals record.
The Russian winger has given the Wild a heavy dose of star power since his arrival last season. He took home the 2021 Calder Trophy as the league's best rookie after logging 27 goals and 24 assists in 55 games.
Kaprizov, a fifth-round pick of the Wild in 2015, is playing out the first season of a five-year, $45-million pact he signed in the offseason. He's led Minnesota in points over the past two campaigns.
- Islanders strike twice in 22 seconds to hand Flyers 10th straight loss
- Hellebuyck calls for rule change: Refs 'put me in danger' vs. Stars
- Lindy Ruff gets 800th win as Devils beat Capitals
- Georgiev's 41-save performance lifts Avalanche past Stars
- Burakovsky scores twice as Kraken get 1st-ever win over Golden Knights